Producing a promo video for your website to introduce customers to your business, you need to begin with the script. While the visuals make the video, the script is the most important phase of the video production, whether you have a high quality video or medium quality if your script is not good, your audience will not convert well. Your goal is to answer to all your potential customers’ questions and concerns. If you have a shorter length video like 60-90 seconds you will see great impact and increase in conversion.
Below you will find 4 easy steps to write a script. Also I have tried to give actual idea how much words required in seconds I hope this helps to understand video timing.
1- Start with the problem (20 seconds – 30 words)
- Your script should begin with the problem that your business will solve for the customer.
- This should be stated in less than 30 words or about 20 seconds but should be clearly defined.
- You will lose about 1/3 of your viewers within the first 30 seconds.
- Start with visualizing the customer’s problem makes them real in your mind and their problem will become real to you.
2- Provide the solution (20 seconds – 50 words)
- State the solution that your business provides in just one memorable sentence. (something around 20 words or 5-10 seconds)
- Make it catchy so people recall it when they are looking for the answer to their problem.
3- Explain your product (30 seconds – 60 words)
- Transition into how your product will satisfy that problem.
- List the benefits to the customer rather than mentioning the features of your product.
- Focus on the customer and answer their question, “what’s in it for me?”
4- End with a call to action. (5 seconds – 15 words )
Know what you want your customers to do and tell them directly. Many videos fail even when they get the other components right because they don’t make it clear what the next step is. For example a video like Edu Struct our client told people to signup.
According to comScore, 100 million users watch video every day and the average person sees 32.2 videos in one month. How do you make sure your video stands out from the crowd?